The words we use to speak to ourselves can have a huge impact on our self-worth, motivation, and drive to live more fulfilling lives. Affirmations are phrases you say to yourself to help acknowledge your worth and validate your feelings.
It’s common to say negative ones to ourselves, such as:
- I’ll never be able to do that
- I can’t so I won’t even try
- I hate the way I look
- I’m awful at it so I’ll just give up
- I just don’t have the motivation
- Everything is too difficult to put in the effort
Even reading this list may bring up feelings of doubt and insecurity. The first step to decluttering the mind of thoughts that don’t serve us is to shift and reframe our perceptions. Think about how it feels when you’ve accomplished something awesome and your heart is on fire with passion and determination! You begin to say things like:
- That was easier than I thought it would be
- I really can do this
- I can’t wait to try more tomorrow
- I have the ability to move forward
- I am strong enough to handle this
How should I use affirmations?
Well, if you don’t believe in them, they don’t do much. Sometimes they can feel cheesy or insincere. It’s important to be able to relate to the words you’re reading and have it be something you really do want to say to yourself, over and over.
When you read an affirmation that really speaks to you, there are a few things you can do to really let it bloom in your mind and become part of you in the present moment.
- Read it multiple times. Say it out loud (if you feel comfortable). Write it down. Really let the words become a part of your mind and notice how they lead to other positive and encouraging thoughts.
- Visualize what it means to you + how it would look to truly believe in it. It won’t do much to say something you can’t fully see in your mind. But if you’re able to visualize it and see how it could effect your life in new ways, you’ll become drawn to it and will in a sense, open your mind to the possibilities it offers.
- Share it with people who matter most to you. Let others know when an affirmation really speaks to you. Chances are they will be able to relate and will encourage you on your journey in cultivating more self-love and awareness. People who love and care about you WANT you to be happy!
Are you ready for inspiring affirmations delivered straight to your inbox?
I’ve created a series of beautiful affirmation quotes that you’ll receive right in your inbox over the next 44 days.
These will help you start each day with:
- And a big dose of HECK YES, LET’S GET REAL!
What people have said about the affirmations:
“Waking up each morning to my daily affirmation was life changing. I used to just try to pump myself up in the mornings but it was tough since I was so new to self-care. Having something sent to me that was not only well thought out, but guided, really gave me the start that I needed to my day and helped me build greater confidence within myself. Thank you so much for creating this opportunity for me! This is not something I could have done on my own.”
-Bethany Stec Janicek
What you’ll receive:
- 44 beautiful daily affirmations delivered straight to your inbox starting immediately after you sign-up
- Empowerment Shifts – 22 ways to turn self-doubt into empowering thoughts [PDF]
Get started by clicking the image below!